As an NGO with feminist roots, CRWI Diotima, supports women on the basis of their own self-organization through various activities and empowerment programs. During its many years on the field, CRWI Diotima has participated and supported: procedures of public deliberation (in parliament) towards legislature, law-making committees, lobbying groups, networks of promoting social and political demands and the rights of women, national and international fora and activist initiatives.
Following there are some examples of some important participations towards this direction:
- Parliament Committees (Committee for the Istanbul Convention , subcommittee for the Elimination of Trafficking and Human Exploitation of Special Permanent Committee of Equality, Youth and Human Rights, Informal meeting with the General Secretariat for Gender Equality for the law draft “Promoting the substantial Gender Equality and the Elimination of Gender-Based Violence” in Parliament etc.)
- Working group for the National Referral Mechanism (EMA), related with trafficking
- SGBV working group and SGBV sub-working group for the Exchange of Information Protocol between SGBV actors in Greece and UNHCR.
- City of Athens’ ACCMR Committee, working on “ Refugee Women – Gender-based Discriminations in Managing Everyday Living”
- DESMe (Integration Network of Women Refugees), which reviewed and inserted in a well-rounded way the issues of women refuges and distinguished as a central topic the domestic labor of women refugees.
- Hellenic Anti-Poverty Network, which reinforces groups of women that do not have access to basic social and work rights.