Project manager, Athens | Deadline: 8/4/22
Posted by: Διοτίμα
Position: Project Manager
Type: Full time
Deadline for submission: 08/04/2022
Objectives of the Diotima Centre program entitled, “GBV Prevention and response services in Athens, Thessaloniki, Lesvos and remotely to the islands” which is funded by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) are a) the prevention of gender-based violence through the strengthening / empowerment of immigrant communities in Athens, Thessaloniki, Lesvos and Chios and b) the provision of psychosocial support services, legal counseling and legal assistance to asylum seekers / refugees who are survivors of gender-based violence in Athens, Thessaloniki and Lesvos.
In this context, a project manager is requested for the implementation of the aforementioned program.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising the implementation of the project activities in close collaboration with the key project staff, in accordance with all contractual obligations to the funder.
- Monitoring of activities and results achieved in relation to project indicators.
- Preparation and monitoring of implementation plans and schedules.
- Guiding and supervising the coordination and management of all aspects of the program.
- Implementation of administrative duties in accordance with the internal manuals of the organization.
- Prepare progress reports, activity reports and other reports upon request and ensure that all project reports (internal and external) are completed accurately and on time based on deadlines.
- Plan the costs of the project and ensure the compliance of the budget costs with the requirements of the financier.
- Maintaining cooperative relationships with the sponsor, the authorities and the dispute other stakeholders.
- Ensuring the protection of refugees / asylum seekers, asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations, in accordance with international humanitarian standards and legally binding obligations.
- Design and supervision of the development, implementation and monitoring of standard operating procedures in relation to protection mechanisms and activities.
- Providing advice and guidance on issues related to the protection of incidents of gender-based violence.
- Conducting on-site visits and participation in on-site activities in the various open hosting structures of the program on a case-by-case basis.
- Contribute to the development of management tools, logistics and management, monitoring and techniques for staff.
- Execution of any other work related to the implementation of the project.
- Higher education degree (preferably Postgraduate Diploma) from a recognized academic institution of Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, International Relations or other related Sciences.
- At least three (3) years of experience in project management, preferably in the humanitarian and / or development sector, and in particular in the field of protection (protection sector) and support for the refugee / migrant population.
- Experience with the regulations and requirements of institutional sponsors / donors.
- Experience in cooperating with International Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations as well as with governmental and local authorities.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek.
- Good knowledge and skills of IT applications and software.
- Ability to work under project management status and remote teams.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate activities of more than 20 employees.
- Ability to work on his / her own initiative and at the same time as a member of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the workload, taking initiatives when appropriate.
- Understanding the emergency situation of people on the move and in particular the socio-economic difficulties they face.
- Cultural awareness.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of personal organization
Due to the policy of the institution, the employees must adhere to the values and principles described in it. The successful candidates will undergo a security check through reports from previous employers.
Please include contact information from two previous jobs.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] noting UNHCR_PM.
Please make sure the attachments have the last name and type of the Name_CV / Name_Cover_Letter file in the title.
The positions can be filled even earlier than the deadline in case the suitable candidates are found, due to the immediate need to implement their program.