The project “Supporting survivors of violence: capacity building on the role of linguistic and cultural mediators (LCMs)” funded by UNICEF for the period March 2021 – June 2021.
To enhance the knowledge and skills of 200 interpreters and intercultural mediators in supporting GBV survivors. This goal can be broken down to a series of interlinked objectives:
- Enhancement of the interpreters’ knowledge on gender-based violence
- Enhancement of interpreters’ ability to handle disclosures of violence
- Provide itnterpreters with additional tools they can use when collaborating with other
professionals in the support process
- Address interpreters own perceptions on gender, masculinities and femininities
- Translation into Greek and adaptation of UNICEF-WRC’s training curriculum to the Greek context
- Delivery of 10 two-day webinars on the basis of the aforementioned curriculum. The goal of the two-day webinars is to increase the capacity of interpreters and intercultural mediators at these neuralgic positions so they become knowledgeable around gender related issues and serve both the survivor and the service provider, working with one common goal: to support survivor-centred response in cases of GBV and SVAMB.