Gbv community liaison officer, Chios, Kos, 12/4/2021
Posted by: Διοτίμα
Position: Gbv community liaison officer
Location: Chios, Kos
As part of the effort to strengthen the protection of vulnerable groups of the refugee population living in open accommodation facilities in Greece, and in particular individuals (men, boys, women and girls) who have suffered or are at risk of gender-based violence, CRWI Diotima implements a UNHCR funded Project providing integrated support services, including prevention, GBV case management and legal aid in Attica, Thessaloniki, Lesvos and Samos.
In addition, the program aims to strengthen cooperation and communication between refugee Communities and GBV Support Services provided to survivors of GBV at the country entry points, and in particular on the islands of Chios, Kos and Leros.
- Close cooperation with EODY, RIS (Reception and Identification Service) and UNHCR on the islands of Chios ,Kos
- Support of the above bodies through the provision of interpretation if needed, exclusively and only in cases related to the provision of case management services to GBV survivors residing in Chios, Kos
- Accompanying GBV survivors in the hospital, the Police station and other public services when necessary and after consultation with the above bodies
- Facilitate the transfer and support of people who have suffered gender-based violence in a safe accommodation under the Program’s emergency accommodation scheme
- The GBV community liaison officer will be in close cooperation and will mediate between the Women’s Committee, the Women’s community, EODY, the RIC and the local office of UNHCR in Chios, Kos. In particular, she/he will systematically participate in the Women’s Committee meetings facilitating information awareness about GBV and the related services provided on the island.
- Cooperation with the community representatives in order to facilitate information and awareness on issues related to gender-based violence.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek language (oral – written) preferably, or very good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic-Somali language or Arabic-French language
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Previous experience in providing interpretation (including voluntary) services to refugee women.
- Previous work experience with organizations or NGOs providing support to people who have survived GBV will be taken into account
- Previous experience in participating or working with refugee communities will be taken into account
- LGBTQI+ persons are encouraged to apply
- Candidates with a driving license will be preferred
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] by writing to UNHCR_CL. Please ensure that the attached files have the adjective and file type in the title Name_CV / Name_Cover_Letter