FemPower – Gender Equality in the Clean Energy Transition is a Cooperation Partnership in Higher Education. FemPower involves 5 Higher Education Institutions (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki/GR, Politecnico di Milano/IT, Cyprus University of Technology/CY, Technical University of Delft/NL, Universidad de Pais Vasco/ES), 1 SME (Duneworks/NL), 2 NGOs (Digijeunes/FR and Diotima/GR) and 1 Public Body (Center for the Promotion of Science/RS).
The project is co-funded by the European Union under the Erasmus+ KA220 – Cooperation Partnerships in Higher Education call by the Greek National Agency, Grant Agreement No: 2021-1-EL01-KA220-HED-000030178.
FemPower aims to increase female representation in the sector, empower and prepare those who are already active in academia or the market, and integrate the gender dimension in CET research and development.
- Develop methodologies and tools to establish gender mainstreaming in the CET
- Develop, test and evaluate transversal Open Educational Resources (a Massive Open Online Course and an interactive map) and a gender mainstreaming checklist especially for HEIs in the field of CET to raise gender awareness in CET education and increase female participation in the research activities of the involved organizations
- Develop gender inclusive co-creation methodologies for cross-sectoral and international cooperation in the field of CET, as well as test and evaluate them
- Develop gender inclusive STEAM educational methodologies in the field of CET to support, empower and improve the gender awareness of the students and staff in the participating HEIs as well as increase their multidisciplinary and creative skills for the CET
- Develop gender inclusive CET STEAM activities for Secondary Education to increase the number of students and especially girls interested in CET careers that will be tested during a pilot implementation
- Ensure and promote future long-term sustainability of the implemented solutions by creating and maintaining the Fem to FemPower Peer Learning Network