The program “Strengthening MHR : Beyond gender stereotypes” is being implemented by Centre Diotima and funded by Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI), which belongs to the Open Society Foundation, for the period 1/05/2020 – 30/09/2022.
The project seeks to fill in the gaps observed and identified with regards to psycho-social support and mental health services available for and provided to refugee adolescent boys (16 and above) and adult men, residing in Athens urban area, who are survivors primarily of GBV and/or possibly other forms of violence.
- Conduct of Needs Assessment (research) in urban Athens area, mapping of the targeted population as well as of the existing agencies they may reach.
- Capacity building program for the front-line professionals who will staff the new service
- Pilot service provision to the targeted population through experienced and trained staffed members
Male adolescent refugees (16+ years old)) and young men living in urban areas of Athens or in the Attica region
- Assessment of the needs of the targeted population and mapping of the existing referral pathways and agencies survivors may turn to.
- Making visible the mental health needs of male refugees far from a gender normative approach.
- Staff members, specialized in offering PSS and mental health services to adolescent boys and men, survivors of violence including LGBTQI+ individuals
**Supported by a grant from the Foundation Open Society Institute in cooperation with the Public Health Program of the Open Society Foundations