Diotima Center invites you to participate in a training program on preventing and tackling violence against women. The program has a total duration of one and a half years and will be held in Athens.
The goal is to create two groups of women from different countries of origin, one with Greek as their working language and one with English, who will work in parallel.
Participants will have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences on gender, inequalities, and violence against women in the country of origin, and in Greece.
During the program, participants will have the opportunity to:
- be trained on violence against women and familiarize themselves with the protection framework in Greece
- participate in research and networking activities with professionals working in this field
- implement pilot actions, by applying the skills they will acquire and contribute to the formulation of proposals to improve the response system
The program activities will start in January 2023, and the total duration of participation will be 120 hours.
After the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- undertake actions to inform, raise awareness and prevent gender-based violence in their community
- identify the basic principles for supporting survivors of violence against women and the most critical steps in supporting them
- contribute to the effective interconnection of their communities with the services and professionals who support survivors of violence against women
Prerequisites for participation in the program:
- age over 18 years
- good knowledge of Greek or English
- desire to take an active role in your communities in informing, preventing, and tackling violence against women.
A certification for participation in the program will be granted.
Financial compensation is provided.
If you wish to submit a request for participation in the group with Greek as a working language, please fill in the form below:
If you wish to submit a request for participation in the group with English as a working language, please fill in the form below:
Deadline for submitting a request for participation: 22.11.2022. After the preselection, individual interviews will follow.
For more information, please send a message to: Communitylinkage.firstname.lastname@example.org
**The actions are part of the transnational project “Community linkage: Improving the provision of services related to gender-based violence through the empowerment of migrant women and their emergence as mentors, educators and community change actors” implemented under CERV-2021-DAPHNE, for the period May 2022 – April 2024, with EU funding. The coordinating body is Surt, Fundacio de DonesFundacioPrivada (Spain) and partners are Diotima Centre (Greece), Cesie (Italy) and Zrs Koper (Slovenia).