The program “Assisting Professionals to Empower Refugee and Migrant Women and Men” is funded by the Dutch Embassy for the period from April to December 2019.
The program seeks to enhance the ability of professionals to respond adequately to the needs of empowering refugee and migrant women and men that have been subjected to Gender Based Violence or are at high risk of GBV, as a first step in their integration into Greek society. Specifically:
- Enhancement of CRWI Diotima’s professionals capacity to better address the needs that refugee and migrant women and men GBV survivors or at high risk of GBV have with regard to their empowerment
- Increase of the capacity of state professionals to respond to empowerment needs of the aforementioned vulnerable group
- Further development and enrichment of the existing empowerment activities delivered through CRWI Diotima’s programme “SGBV prevention and response and legal aid to refugees in Athens and Thessaloniki urban areas as well as Moria on Lesvos”, funded by UNHCR
Key Activities & Main Expected Outcomes
- Participation and inclusion of refugee and migrant women and men in the needs assessment process and in key stages of empowerment and integration programming
- Creation of a Handbook to be used from professionals that will adapt and adopt gender and cultural sensitized approaches and methods within their empowerment services/activities, in particular tailor-made for refugee and migrant GVB survivors or persons at high risk of GBV.
- Increased capacity of professionals to best respond to empowerment needs of their beneficiaries and to accurately plan tailor-made integration activities
CRWI Diotima’s Professionals, Public officers, Policy makers, Front-line Professionals
Handbook “Empowering Refugee Survivors of Gender-Based Violence and/or Individuals at high risk of GBV to Reclaim their Story”