A study under the title “Proposals and policy measures for gender inequalities confrontation in the public sphere of political participation and representation” is implemented by the Diotima center from June to September 2021 with the Nikos Poulantzas Institute (NPI) support.
The main goal is the submission of proposals for gender discriminations and inequalities confrontation in the public sphere and for political participation and representation strengthening.
- Conceptual clarification of politics in general and political participation in particular
- Bibliographic review and exploitation previous research achievements/findings
- Theoretical documentation and exploitation of an expanded concept of gender beyond a strict dichotomous (female vs. male)
- Discussion on useful conceptual tools such as Citizen/ Citizenship and the universality of this concept
- Discussion on the adoption of an approach concerning policy measures at central policy level (Parliament, etc.) but also at movements or local level (Civil Society)
- Update and critique of the quota measure and measures / incentives, with the aim of increasing political participation (of women and other groups) and strengthening their political representation.